The wallpaper work is still in progress…of course, as you expected. I did finally get all of the first layer off, but we’ll still be working on getting the bottom layer off and sanding it all down. I hope to get a lot of it done tomorrow and possibly Saturday.
As far as the basement planning, a plan is beginning to take shape. It should be a fun project, but I think it might cost a little more than we expected. We’ve narrowed down the ceiling tile options to 2 different styles, this one and this one. I’m planning on reusing the grid that is already there (for the most part), but also might have to add some pieces to make it all work together. I still have to research the insulation for the walls as that might add some more cost, and we’ll have to plan the lighting as well. Hopefully, we’ll have a complete plan done here in the next couple of weeks.
Unlike the wallpaper and the basement though, we made some significant progress on the garden. Pam, our next door neighbor, came over and gave us some awesome tips on our flowers and the existing flowers…such as the lilies, which apparently you aren’t supposed to plant all that deeply (you should be able to see some of the bulb), otherwise they may not flower. We got all our flowers/plants planted on the south side of the house (where most of the light is all day long), but we still have some weeding to do in the backyard garden, as it has gotten out of hand. We’re novice gardeners, but we’re learning on the job. See ya next week!